1. If you are staying at one of our fully staffed villas in Jamaica, it is always recommended to get to know your staff who are usually all born and raised in Jamaica. They will be able to answer questions you have about the island and the culture from their perspectives. The gardener will be able to take you on a tour through the villa grounds and some of the villas have local fruit trees and flowers that are much different than what is grown in the states. The cook will be able to tell you what his/her specialty dishes are and may encourage you to try some of the local Caribbean Cuisine like ackee and saltfish for breakfast or oxtail and festival for dinner!
2. Taking a day trip to Negril is a MUST as you don’t want to miss the Seven Mile Beach. There are many beach bars, restaurants, vendors and watersports right on the Seven Mile Beach so there is always something going on no matter which direction you walk on this popular beach. In the evening, I recommend heading to the cliff side of Negril to Rick’s Café. This is a famous restaurant and bar where you watch cliff jumpers diving into the ocean and it is a famous place to watch the sun setting over the water. There is usually live reggae music entertainment into the night as well.
3. Montego Bay offers world renowned golf courses if you have golfers in your party. There is the Tryall Club Golf Course, Cinnamon Hill Golf Course, Half Moon Golf Course and the White Witch Golf Course. We can assist you arranging tee times in advance. Montego Bay also offers many different spas to choose from including the Fern Tree Spa at the Half Moon Resort or the Spa at the Round Hill Resort. If you are looking for nightlife in Montego Bay, we recommend Pier I Nightclub on Friday nights and Margaritaville on Saturday nights.
4. If you have time, we recommend taking a day trip to Ocho Rios to hike Dunns River Falls. It is a beautiful natural waterfall that you can hike up and all levels of hikers are welcome. We do recommend renting or purchasing water shoes as the rocks can be slippery. There are also guided tours so you can hire a guide to take you up the water fall but this is not absolutely necessary. Dunns River Falls gives you the perfect opportunity to be right in the middle of Jamaica’s beauty! There is also a beach to relax at after the hike. There are vendors selling food and souvenirs as well.
5. You may be the type of guest that likes to relax by the pool at the villa. Or maybe you want to get out and see more of Jamaica! Our concierge can assist you in arranging various activities like catamaran excursions, deep sea fishing excursions and river rafting excursions. We highly recommend the following tour operators and please check out their interactive websites for more information on activities and excursions that are offered in Jamaica: