Hanover Grange, Tryall Club, Montego Bay
Hanover Grange, Tryall Club, Montego Bay
*9 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms (can be rented as a 6,7,8 or 9 br)
* Large wrap-around verandah
* Alfresco dining area
* Dining room with dining table for up to 30
* Swimming pool with childrens' pool
* Family TV room with DVD library
* Air conditioning and ceiling fans
* Wifi and internet access
* Integrated music system (including pool)
* Wine cellar (at extra cost)
* Family kitchen and bar area
* Collection of International and Jamaican painting and sculpture.
Hanover Grange is one of our newest Premier villas in Jamaica! It was designed and built as the Jamaican home of Theresa and Andrew Roberts. Theresa was born in Jamaica (St Elizabeth) and is now one of Europe's most prominent collectors of Jamaican art.
The house was designed to accommodate a number of art works from Theresa's collection of international painting and sculpture with the Long Gallery used exclusively to showcase a selection from her Jamaican art collection.
Hanover Grange is set in its own grounds which also include sculpture from the collection. The villa aims even to produce its own food with an organic garden out front featuring fresh herbs along with a vegetable selection of carrots, cucumbers, pak choi and much more. It was important to Theresa that her guest should be able to enjoy some food that the property provided. In addition to the herb and vegetable gardens, the gardeners are hard at work creating a garden that will allow flora and fauna produced to be brought in to decorate the home.
Theresa and her husband Andrew Roberts have built this home with her two favourite passions in mind, her love for her native Jamaica and her love for the arts. Hanover Grange showcases Jamaican art in the classic genre with old masters such as Barrington Watson, Albert Huie alongside contemporary pieces from the likes of Monique Lofters and Kristina Rowe. Theresa has also displayed a small part of her international collection in the Villa
The décor of the Villa is contemporary though minimalist, in order to highlight the art scattered throughout the home. The grand entrance foyer features a bronze from Theresa’s close personal friend Marguerita Hernandez.
Other highlights include the Schonbek black crystal chandeliers, infinity edge pool, organic cook ware, Hanover Grange embroidered Ralph Lauren linens, a dumb-waiter that runs from the upstairs kitchen to the butler’s pantry on the first floor and a formal dining room that can seat 30 comfortably for dinner.
Theresa is intent on bringing a unique vacationing experience to the The Tryall Club. One that combines the traditions of old world Jamaica with vibrant esoteric energy of the modern day Jamaican Art world.
Tryall Membership offers first Rate facilities on its 2200 acre Resort
Conde Nast places Tryall Club on its Gold List as one of the best places to stay in the world.
- Tryall's Golf Course measuring 6,221-yards, par 72 course is considered to be the finest in the Caribbean and is the pride of Jamaica. It attracts the game's leading players and prestigious international events including the Johnnie Walker World Championships, Mazda Champions, Jamaica Classic and Shell's Wonderful World of Golf. This world class golf course boast hillside and seaside fairways. In-house greens fees offered to the villa's guests.
- Complimentary shuttles transport guests from the villa's front door to all locations within the resort
- Large swimming pool at Great House
- White sandy private beach
- Waiter Service on beach, serving drinks/food from beach bar
- Beauty salon, massages, reflexology treatments
- Hobie Cat Sailing and Sunfish sailing are complimentary
- Sea Kayaks which accommodate up to three people are also available at the beach.
- Snorkels, masks and flippers are provided. Take a leisurely swim to the coral reef just 100 yards off this private beach
- Tryall's watersport center can arrange for all your diving needs as well as opportunities for water-skiing and tubing. Fees may apply.
- Gym for workout at Fitness Centre
- Jogging trails
- Complimentary internet room
- Historic Great House with bar, boutiques, art gallery, fax facilities
- Enjoy Afternoon Teas at the Great House
- Great House Restaurant for continental and Jamaican dining if you wish to dine away from the villa, with its outdoor terrace.
- Play tennis on 7 Nova Cushion courts, which are lit for night play.
- 2 Brand New Clay Courts with 2 additional new ones being constructed due to its popularity
- A well-stocked pro-shop, with an international pro, a highly-skilled team of teaching assistants and ball boys, holds regular clinics and hosts weekly tournaments.
- Kids Club, keeping the kids happy. Children are entertained, cared for and close at hand. The Kids' Club offers daily activities which make full use of Tryall's amenities and the expansive grounds of the estate.
- Friendly, caring and professional babysitters are available for hire for a few hours or full-time service.
Tryall Club Temporary Membership Fee
Tryall is a private club whose members may use all Club facilities and programs at no extra charge, with the exception of golf. Amenities include tennis, beach, water sports, the excellent gym, the Kids Club, Great House afternoon tea and various special events.
Commencing January 1, 2009, the Tryall Club will require all villa and condo guests to become members during their stay via a Temporary Membership Fee of US$100 per week for each guest 18 or older, or US$20 per day per person for stays of less than 7 days (inclusive of tax). This policy applies to all new bookings received after September 1, 2008.
Plan to pay your Temporary Membership Fee locally at the Front Desk in the Great House when you register. Credit cards are accepted. You will be given a temporary membership card to enable your access to all Club facilities.
Updated Sep 1, 2008
Hanover Grange magazine article. "Who's celebrating their birthday here?"
Suite 1 Barrington Watson – King Bed
Suite 2 Albert Huie- Queen Bed
Suite 3 Edward Lucie-Smith- Queen Bed
Suite 4 Louise Bennett – Two Double Beds
Suite 5 Edna Manley- King Bed
Suite 6 Whitney Miller – Queen Bed
Hanover Grange has 4 kings + 2 twins each= 6 bedrooms
Cottage with 3 bedrooms :
2 twin bedrooms
2 twin beds
April 16 - Dec 14
Dec 15 - April 15
Rates are weekly and stated in United States Dollars (USD).
All rates are subject to change at any time and can be confirmed at time of reservation.
|Brand new premier rated villa (highest rating in the Tryall Club)!|
|6 luxurious bedrooms, 6 grand ensuite bathrooms|
|6 bedrooms with own terrace|
|Large wrap-around verandah, spacious living areas|
|Alfresco dining areas, own chef and butler service|
|Dining room with dining table for up to 30 persons - an excellent entertainer!|
|Swimming pool and children's pool|
|Large family TV room|
|Air conditioning and ceiling fans throughout the bedrooms|
|WiFi and internet access for guests of Hanover House|
|Intergrated music system throughout the villa|
|Wine cellar at Hanover House|
|Enjoy the first class resort amenties at the Tryall Club|
|Only 3 minutes golf cart ride to the Tryall beach and watersports|
|Complimentary shuttle for Tryall guests|
|One of Jamaica's most prestigious and exclusive villa resorts on the island|
|Fully staffed villa with Chef, Butler, Housekeeper, Laundress, Poolman, Gardeners|
|One of the most spectacular villas on the island of Jamaica!|
- To beach: 2 minutes golf cart ride
- To airport: 20 minutes drive
- Fully Staffed villa
- Cable TV
- Internet facilities
- FAX machine
- Answering Machine
- Ensuite Bathrooms
- Ceiling Fans
- Coffee Maker
- Dish Washer
- Ice Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Bath Tub
- Tennis Court
- Pool Lounge Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Gated Community
- 24 hour security
- Ipod Docks
- Laundry Facilities
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Audio System
- Swimming pool
- A private villa, means only your family will accommodate this villa.
- Tryall Club Membership/ fees apply
All rates are in USD.
Check in time is 3pm.
Check out time is 11am.
All rates are subject to change.
No smoking appreciated.
Transportation can be arranged on request.
- Pool Man
I have just returned from a delightful weeklong stay with my family at Hanover Grange. I am writing to particularly express our appreciation for the wonderful staff. We felt completely welcome and at home from the moment we arrived and could not have been more comfortable. They were especially kind and caring to our four grandchildren (2,4,6,8). I cannot say enough about Andrae both personally and professionally. He is a marvelous house manager and butler and you are fortunate to have him. Derval is an exceptionally gifted chef who created 30 delicious meals every day and worked very hard to accommodate all of our preferences and dietary needs. We were very appreciative of the real American Thanksgiving dinner he created for us. We have been traveling to the Caribbean for over thirty years and I can say unequivocally that this trip was by far the best, largely due to your superb staff. Best regards, John Marth